Santa Monica, Kaliforniya
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Santa Monica. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Planning & Community Development department or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
Santa Monica’s Home-Sharing Ordinance went into effect on June 12, 2015 and was recently updated on September 24, 2019 .
- Hosted rentals (what Santa Monica calls home-sharing) where at least one of the primary residents lives on site throughout the visitor’s stay are allowed for 30 days or less. The law requires a business license, taxes, and compliance with other health and safety laws. More information about the City’s home-sharing rules is available on the City’s website. You may include your business license number on your listing by going to Manage Listing > Location. In the "License or registration number" field, type in your permit number following the acceptable permit format for Santa Monica. The format is: xxxxxx. An example would be: 123456
- Un-hosted rentals (what Santa Monica calls vacation rentals) are prohibited unless they are 30 days and longer. If a primary resident is not living on site throughout the stay, Santa Monica’s law prohibits short-term rental.
- The city’s Planning and Community Development department maintains an informational website with more information on home sharing.
Permit and business license requirement
Hosts are required to register with and receive a business license from the City authorizing home sharing. For more information, please review Article 6 of the Municipal Code, visit the Planning and Community Development department’s home-sharing website, or contact the city directly.
Transient occupancy tax and nightly fee
Santa Monica assesses a 14% "Transient Occupancy Tax" on the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations of 30 nights and shorter. More information about the transient occupancy tax is available on the City's website. Airbnb collects and remits transient occupancy taxes in Santa Monica; more information about that process is available in the local tax section of our Help Center. In addition, Airbnb collects and remits a $2 per night fee for reservations 30 nights and shorter in Santa Monica pursuant to a settlement with the City of Santa Monica.
Article 9 of the Santa Monica Municipal Code, the Land Use and Zoning Ordinance, regulates uses in Santa Monica. You should consult Article 9 to see if your listing is consistent with zoning requirements or use definitions. In May 2015, Santa Monica passed an ordinance permitting rentals while a host is home.
Santa Monica also has rent control rules and regulations that may impact your listing. You should review these regulations or contact the Rent Control Department for more information.
Building and housing regulations
Article 8 of the Santa Monica Municipal Code specifies minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings, including regulations on habitability, health, and safety. Certain regulations applicable to residential and non-residential uses may be relevant to your listing. You should consult Article 8 or contact the Building and Safety Division to see if your listing implicates any requirements.
It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
Our commitment to your community
We're committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Chino Hills, KaliforniyaAirbnb'de ev sahipliği yapmayı düşünüyorsanız şehrinizde yürürlükte bulunan yasaları anlamanıza yardımcı olacak bazı bilgileri burada bulabi…
- Sunnyvale, Kaliforniya
- Twentynine Palms, KaliforniyaAirbnb ev sahibi olmayı düşünüyorsanız şehrinizde geçerli yasaları anlamanıza yardımcı olacak bazı bilgileri burada bulabilirsiniz.